Toward an Integrated Liturgy of Work and Worship (Matthew Kaemingk)
There is a deep division between work and worship in the West. However, the worship of the ancient Israelites integrated the sanctuary into the streets. What are ways that our work today (even sending emails) can be celebrated and offered to God as a form of worship?
Matthew Kaemingk explains how the tasks we do every single day can be integrated into our worship and daily liturgy.
- 0:26 Wandering minds during worship
- 2:02 Integrated life and liturgy
- 2:58 Spiritual divide
- 4:34 Work and worship
- 6:13 How do we celebrate our work?
- 12:00 Corey Wilson
- 12:40 Imago Dei—workers
- 17:40 Grander work
- 20:02 Physical participation in the work of God
- 22:57 Ritual and liturgy
- 27:37 Gathering rituals, and honesty with God
- 30:21 When wealth intercedes for work
Show notes by Dominique LaCroix
Image created by Rubner Durais
Did you enjoy this podcast episode? Check out articles from The Biblical Mind.
Credits for the music TBM podcast: hebraicthought.org/credits.